Berry Summer Salad
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1 Cup Strawberries
- 1/4 Cup Pecans
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 Tsp All Spice
- 1/4 Tsp Clove
- 3 TLBS Honey (or Agave)
Layer the ingredients in the suggested order then secure the lid on the bowl. Shake the bowl all around so the honey coats all the berries. Chill in refrigerator for up to 24 hours or serve immediately. Perfect salad to bring to any picnic or bq because almost everyone can eat it and will enjoy it!
Berry Healthy Salad
- 4 Cups baby spinach or baby kale
- 1/2 Cup strawberries sliced
- 1/2 Cup raspberries
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- 1/4 Cup feta cheese
- 1/2 Cup Pecans (or Walnuts)
Layer the ingredients in the listed order and then serve. Great salad to put a grilled piece of salmon on! Serve with an orange balsamic dressing or make a delicious blackberry dressing.
- 2 Cups Fresh Blackberries
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Sea salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Combine blackberries, garlic, mustard and vinegar. Start the blender and slowly drizzle in the olive oil until olive oil is gone. Continue blending until the mixture is smooth and well combined. Lastly, add the salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- 2 Cups Blackberries
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Apple Vinegar
- Salt to taste
In a pan on the stove top add the blackberries, sugar and apple vinegar. Put the heat somewhere between low and medium and simmer on the stove top. I recommend stirring every minute or more depending on how high the heat is. As you stir mash the berries down. Continue this process until the berries become a liquid and reach a boiling point. Let the sauce boil for about a minute and a half to thicken the sauce. If the sauce is not thickening let it boil for another minute or so. Take the sauce off the heat and let it cool for a few minutes. Perfect to serve over salmon, chicken or beef. Also delicious on ice cream or other desserts.
Triple Berry Pie
- 1 premade deep-dish frozen pie crust
- 36 oz. mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup granola
- 1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place a rack in the bottom third of the oven. Put the pie shell on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the berries with the lemon zest and juice, the sugar and instant tapioca. Stir together to completely combine and set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix together the flour and brown sugar. Using a fork or a pastry cutter, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in the granola.
Pour the berry mixture into the pie crust and top with the granola crumb topping. Bake until the inside of the pie is bubbling and the top is golden brown, 45 to 50 minutes. (If the top browns too quickly, cover loosely with aluminum foil.) Remove from the oven and cool at least 1 hour on a wire cooling rack before serving.
Combine the whipped topping and maple syrup and mix until well blended. Serve with the pie
By Sandra Lee
- 2 Cups Fresh Berries (Any mix will work!)
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1/2 Cup Milk (Dairy or non-dairy)
Layer the ingredients as listed in your blender. Blend the mixture until smooth and then drink up!
Berry Healthy Smoothie
- 2 Cups Fresh Berries (Any mix will work!)
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 1 Carrot
- 1 1/2 Cups Frozen Berries
- 1/2 Cup Milk (Dairy or Non-Dairy)
Layer the ingredients in the order listed in a blender. Blend the mixture until smooth and then drink up! For extra health benefits throw in some chia seeds after its finished blending.
Triple Berry Crisp
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl, gently toss together blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and white sugar; set aside.
In a separate large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press half of mixture in the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Cover with berries. Sprinkle remaining crumble mixture over the berries.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown.
Berry Good Jam
- 4 cups fresh whole blueberries
- 3 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 (1.59-oz.) envelope freezer jam pectin
Pulse blueberries in food processor 2 to 4 times or until finely chopped, stopping to scrape down sides. Place in a medium-size bowl. Pulse strawberries in food processor 8 to 10 times or until finely chopped, stopping to scrape down sides. Add to blueberries in bowl. Stir in sugar, and let stand 15 minutes. Gradually stir in pectin. Stir for 3 minutes; let stand 5 minutes. Spoon mixture into sterilized canning jars, filling to 1/2 inch from top; wipe jar rims clean. Cover with metal lids, and screw on bands. Place in freezer.
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Garnish: fresh mint sprig
Preheat oven to 375°. Place blackberries in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish; sprinkle with lemon juice. Stir together egg, sugar, and flour in a medium bowl until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle over fruit. Drizzle melted butter over topping. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired. Garnish with fresh mint sprig, if desired.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) container lemon yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 6 oz. raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cold butter or margarine
1. Combine 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
2. Stir together yogurt and next 3 ingredients; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Toss together 2 tablespoons flour and raspberries; fold into batter. Spoon into lightly greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons flour and 3 tablespoons sugar; cut butter into mixture with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Spoon evenly over batter in muffin pans.
3. Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Remove muffins from pans immediately, and cool on wire racks.
4. *Blueberries may be substituted for raspberries.
Raspberry Beer Cocktail
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries*
- 3 1/2 (12-oz.) bottles beer, chilled
- 1 (12-oz.) container frozen raspberry lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup vodka
- Garnish: lemon and lime slices
1. Stir together first 4 ingredients. Serve over ice. Garnish, if desired.
2. *Fresh raspberries may be substituted.
3. Note: To make ahead, stir together lemonade concentrate and vodka in a large container. Chill up to 3 days. Stir in raspberries and beer just before serving. Garnish, if desired.
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh blueberries
- 1 cup whole fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Toss together coarsely chopped fresh blueberries, whole fresh blueberries, fresh lemon juice, chopped fresh cilantro, seeded and minced jalapeño peppers, diced red bell pepper, and kosher salt in a large bowl. Serve immediately, or cover and chill 8 hours.
Blackberry Mojito Punch
- 3 cups blueberry-blackberry juice blend
- 2 (12-oz.) cans frozen mojito mix
- 2 (1-liter) bottles club soda, chilled
- 1 1/2 cups white rum
- 3 limes, sliced
- 12 oz. frozen blackberries
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
1. Stir together blueberry-blackberry juice blend, mojito mix, chilled club soda, white rum, sliced limes, and frozen blackberries. Serve over ice. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs.
Good link: http://www.southernliving.com/food/holidays-occasions/fresh-berry-recipes-00417000072323/